“Protractor” is a katamari shmup that I originally made for Ludum Dare 18. The theme was “enemies as weapons”. It placed 37th overall out of 213 entries and 12th for graphics.
- Protractor – Download the latest version here. (Requires Windows and DirectX!)
- Source Code Viewer – For those interested this game is open source
- Judging Results – Reviews and final scores for my Ludum Dare entry
- Kill enemies and collect their parts to build.
- Use left mouse to pull parts to you to attach them.
- Colors indicate health level. Purple is super high health, red is about to die.
- Weapons are randomized but also normalized to all have the same DPS. So on average they will cause the same amount of damage over time. Larger bullets represent more damage.
- Try to keep your ship balanced or it will become difficult to control.
- Triangle – Weapon (random but normalized to the same DPS)
- Square – Healer (auto repairs ship and attached parts)
- Pentagon – Speed Booster (increases speed and turn rate)
- Circle – Extender (allows for expansion)
- Left Mouse – Tractor beam
- Spacebar or Right Mouse – Shoot
- Mouse Wheel – Zoom
- WASD – Move your ship
- Alt+Enter – Go fullscreen (recommended)