This game started as a mash-up between Metroid and Blaster Master but has grown to be something more. It is a large non-linear action adventure game with all original 8-bit style graphics and sound. A state of the art dynamic lighting system gives it a very unique look. The world is absolutely massive without a single load or break in the action. Full play through time is few hours and there are many save points along the way. I used my own open sourced game engine The Frank Engine and Box2D for physics. All development tools used were free or open sourced. Music is by “No Black Magick”. I also have a dev log for this game you can follow on TIGSource.
- Huge world with no load times and many save points.
- Physics based puzzles and platform gameplay.
- Over 10 enemy types, several mini bosses and a final boss battle.
- Modern twist on classic NES style graphics.
- Detailed in-game mapping system.
- Destructible terrain.
- Dynamic lighting.
- Supports mouse and keyboard, Xbox 360 controller, or SNES controller.
- Native support for both 16/9 and 16/10 aspect ratios and any refresh rate.
- Faster Blaster - Download the latest version here. (Requires Windows and DirectX)
- If you receive a missing dll error try updating DirectX via microsoft’s site.
- Movement – WASD, arrow keys, or Left Stick
- Brakes & Lock Wheels – Down
- Shoot – Left mouse or Right Stick
- Jump – Space, Up, or Left Trigger
- Missiles – Right mouse or Right Trigger (hold for homing)
- Dig Gun – Middile mouse, Control, or Right Bumper
- Pause & Show Full Map – Esc or Start
- You can also use an xBox 360 controler or even a SNES controller!
- Your blaster automatically charges up when it is not being fired.
- Your weapon system automatically accounts for trajectory and relative velocity!
- There are many hidden areas with missiles, energy tanks, and new weapons.
- Press Esc or Start to open up the full size map and pause the game.
- The blinking red dot on the full size map is your current objective.
- Hold missile button to make missiles seek enemies.
- Use missiles to unlock red doors.
- Hold down to throw on your brakes and hang on to ledges.
- Long shot upgrades increase your weapon’s range.
- Bounce shot upgrades increase how many bounces it can sustain