For this month’s experimental gameplay project I created a rapid prototype involving time travel. The theme was “repetition”. My entry is a hybrid shooter/puzzle called “A Stitch in Time”.
You are trapped in a 1 minute long time loop and need to collect all the 30 time shards to save the universe. Return to the worm hole to time travel. Coordinate your efforts to beat the puzzles but if you touch any of your time ghosts not only will you instantly die but the ghost will also be erased from existence. I think it is pretty challenging yet winnable if you are crafty enough. You may need to update DirectX in order to play it (if you receive a missing dll message click here).
- Left mouse – Rapid fire forward mounted machine with overheating
- Right mouse – Omnidirectional tap to fire or hold to charge blaster
- Middle mouse or Space – Speed Up Time
- WASD or D-Pad – Movement
- Ctrl – Self Destruct
- Alt-Enter – Toggle Fullscreen (recommended)
* Update – I put up a new enhanced version with auto save, improved frame rate, and many gameplay improvements.